Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Meme

This fun meme was e-mailed to me by Kell, and I liked it and decided to offer it here on my blog. I am confident that the crack about trying not to be a Scrooge was directed specifically at me, but I have included it in case it applies elsewhere.



Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy it onto your blog and change the answers where necessary.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? The day after we get back from having Thanksgiving with Kelley and Allen.

4. When do you take the tree down? I used to take it down the day after Christmas, but I've mellowed, and now I wait three or four days.

5. Do you like eggnog? Mmmmmmmmmmm. I LOVE eggnog, without any alcohol in it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A stuffed lamb my dad gave me. He thought it was a poodle, which is what I had asked for. I never told him he got it wrong.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Every. Single. Person. I. Know.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Kelley. She always has the longest list. (Gotcha!)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas Cards? Both and some years, not at all.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? When I was about 13, my cousin gave me a little purse that was meant for someone much younger. We didn't see her very often, so she forgot how old I was.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street.

13 When do you start shopping for Christmas? I used to get all my shopping done before Thanksgiving, but in recent years, I have been doing most of it on line, which means I can do it whenever I want to, and can avoid the crowds.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. I'd probably forget who gave it to me and give it back to him/her, and be in big trouble.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peanut brittle.

16. Lights on the tree? Pre-lit tree. What a relief.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire) by Mel Torme.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay Home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Blitzen,Dopey, Doc, Sneezy ..............er, oh, yeah, Rudolph. Right? Right?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Those annoying Salvation Army bells. The bells, bells, bells, bells, everywhere you go.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have to admit, I do like my little Grinch ornament that Kelley gave me one Christmas.

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Prime Rib and mashed potatoes, and other trimmings.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Books, books, books. I want for very little, she simpered, modestly.

I won't tag anyone in particular, but I thought this one was fun. If you do, too, feel free to answer the questions and let me know.

Later.

3 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Fun meme!!! I'm currently in meme burnout but ya never know . . .

Anonymous said...

Okay...two posts ago (or the post before the one I have up now) was about my favorite Christmas song. Near the bottom there's a link you can click to see it. I think you'll like it.

In other news, I don't mind wrapping gifts, but sacks are a godsend. Barbie Dream House would definitely go down as one of the best presents EVER.
Christmas movie? Mmmm..."White Christmas" is a perennial favorite. Even my husband likes watching it with us. Favorite ornaments are the ones my kids made in elementary school. One for each grade (laminated) K-5 and I have all six for each boy. 18 in all with their school pictures in the center. I cry every time I hang them.

Betty said...

Kay:I'm not crazy about memes, but this one was fun.

apathy lounge: I have some wooden ornaments that my kids and I painted years ago. I love to see them on the tree, too.