Friday, July 15, 2011

Those Wacky Ultra-Conservatives.

I was going to make fun of the Family Leader Pledge, but after I read it, I was too busy trying to catch my breath to laugh. The very idea of any group proposing such an outrageous so-called "pledge" for candidates to sign is appalling. These people are seriously deranged, and so are any candidates who agree to sign this abomination. Talk about trying to legislate morality! ''

This document is an all-out attack on gays, with a few snipes at Mormons, big government, Sharia law, abortion, marital fidelity and jaywalking. O.K. I made that up about jaywalking.

Naturally, Michelle Bachmann was first lin line to sign it. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that her gay-hating husband authored it. He's rabid on the subject of gays. He seems to believe homosexuals can just pray the gay away.  Fool.

It was gratifying to see that there are a few Republican candidates who have just enough sense to avoid this pledge like the plague, in spite of their natural affection for politically-based pledges. They propose at least one per election, starting with the Contract for America, devised by Newt Gingrich.  Even Newt won't sign this one.

Not that I will be voting for any of them.  Heh-heh.  But, you knew that.

Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

The idea that anyone with an IQ above celery would vote for ANY of these idiots astounds me. However, I do wish that Molly Ivins was still alive -- she would be having a field day skewering them!!!!

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Kay. Molly knew how to call as she saw them. She had George W's number too. Did you read "Shrub"?

It appears most of the candidates are nuts.... Especially Michele Bachmann.

Betty said...

Kay and Margie: I really miss Molly. She kept me in stitches and still told it like it was.

Big John said...

You do seem to have more than your fair share of political and religious 'nutters' on your side of 'the pond'.
Please keep them there ! :-)

Darlene said...

Hoo boy! It is really shocking that such nitwits have gotten as far as they have with their crazy talk. I guess that shows that we do have a lot of ignorant nuts on our 'side of the pond."

Enter center stage the nuttiest one of all; Rick Perry, Gov. of Texas. Molly would really have a field day with him.

Looking to the Stars said...

Like Darlene, I wonder how these people have gotten this far. Goes to show you, here in America, we like mixed nuts,lol :)

Grayquill said...

I had not heard of this document, pledge or whatever it is.. but what I do not understand about you liberals is, if someone thinks differently than you - why do feel the need to call them names? It actually seems you have hate in your heart for these folks? I guess maybe it is just fear. Maybe that is normal I was scared when Clinton took office. I was sure the sky would start falling but it's still up there, I even have to admit he did some good things but I still think he's a dough head - I had to call someone at least one bad name just so I could feel like I fit in here.

Betty said...

Big John: I'm for sending them all to Texas, building a big old electrified fence around the state and letting Governor Big Hair Perry pray over them all day every day.

Darlene: I can just imagine what Molly would be saying.

Looking: I don't mind mixed nuts. But, when they bring the crazy and people actually vote for them, I get a little nervous.

Grayquill: I suggest you Google the Family Leadership Pledge and see for yourself what it says. I'll bet you'll finally agree with me.

NitWit1 said...

I see why I rarely comment on this page. Texas, (I am a former Texan), and Arkansas (where I now live), which even some of you may think are (select any of the above expletives you have slandered others with), both have balanced budgets. Arkansas has a surplus to spend and can't decide what to do with it. And according to some of your thinking, that may be some kind of abnormal deviate behavior, too.