I am going to participate in the Second Cup of Coffee meme, called Random Dozen. I don't do memes very often, but hers has some interesting questions. So, here goes, and thanks for asking, Linda. Also, thanks to Karen for taking me there.
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
The little known event called "Fireside Crossword Puzzling". This event is never covered by the media because it isn't dangerous.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
Nancy Kerrigan being Gilloolied and whining "Why me? Why me?" Not cool.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
World Class Reading.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
A little. In recent years, I have been interested in doing some genealogical research, and have found that I am Irish and English on my mother's side, German and English on my father's side.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
Late, early, in between. I'm a night owl, so I sleep more during the day.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No and No.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
England. I've visited there once, but not for long enough. I'd love to see the town my grandparents lived in - Middlesboro.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Yes, and it worked out rather well, if I do say so myself.
10. What is the last book you read?
"Devil Bones" by Kathy Reichs.
OK, here goes. Why should I have to write the question?
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
Prime Rib at The Outback - any Outback.
Well, that was fun. Join in if you like.