Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So Far, So Good

It's just my humble opinion, but I heartily approve of President Obama taking his show on the road. He's taking his plans to the people, and going around Congress and the Washington media. When I say "Congress", I mean Republicans and Democrats alike in both the House and Senate. They are all so out of touch, I don't think they would have enacted the stimulus package in such a short time if they hadn't been urged by their constituents.

Obama knows who should really be calling the shots - and it's us. If we like what we're hearing from him, and, even if we don't, we have to let our elected officials know about it. Otherwise, all they will do is ponder and posture and end up doing nothing, just like the last eight years.

This, people, is real change. Now, all we have to do is express our support and give the plans time to work. There's no instant gratification here. A system as bogged down as ours is will recover slowly. It took many years to get us into this mess, and it won't turn around over night, but I'm convinced that it WILL turn around.

'Way to Go, President Obama!

8 comments:

Looking to the Stars said...

I agree, it took us awhile to get in this mess and there are no over night miracles to get us out. But with Obama at the helm he'll steer us down the right path. A BIG thumbs up for Obama, a change we can believe in.

Darlene said...

I just hope the people remain patient and realize that things are going to get worse before they get better. The stimulus package is only the beginning.

Mari Meehan said...

I applaud you optimism!

Margie's Musings said...

I do too. The stimulus packages of Roosevelt did not get us out of the great depression. It was World War II that did that. I don't want to go to war anymore to stimulate the economy.

Actually, we goaded Japan into World War II. Tariffs, you know. Blockades and tariffs.

Anonymous said...

I am sick of people like Rusch Lambough (I refer to him as Rusch Limpdick) and their readiness to see everything President Obama does as failure. Let's give him a chance and stop with all the criticizing.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Betty!

Arkansas Patti said...

I fear we are just too much of an "instant gratification" society. Patience 101 should be taught in school. I agree with Margie and the rest. I heard an ecconomist say it took 25 years to recover from the last "big" one. Lets not expect it to all go back to "normal" tomorrow. Lets just adjust and be flexible. We can make this a learning experience. I come from the "lemons out of lemonade" generation. Hope the push button generation doesn't get too stressed. We WILL survive and be better for it.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I totally agree Betty. If we all can just remember....Patience people...patience. God knows it's hard.