Saturday, January 18, 2014

Another Laptop Bites the Dust

I had to replace my laptop today.  OK, I didn't HAVE to, but it's the weekend, which is when I don't turn on the TV, and I watch Netflix all weekend, and it was actually Jay's laptop, anyway, so I decided to buy myself one.  As soon as Jay gets his fixed, we'll each have one and if one of them craps out, we'll have a back up to use.

He checked around and would you believe none of the people who can repair computers are open on the weekend?  This is also a problem with other people in Harrison who offer a service of some sort.  You just can't get ANYTHING fixed in this town on Saturday.  So, I don't want to hear any of them whine about not making enough money. If they can afford to close down their businesses on Saturday, they must be making plenty.

They can just sit down and shut up.  So there.

Anyway, I'll be spending today and tomorrow setting up the new laptop and calling Jay for help, and driving him crazy.
See you Tuesday.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Olga said...

It took me four hours to set up a wireless printer I bought on Friday. I did it, but it did make me think about how much I depended on Mike to help out with computer matters. I am sure I drove him nuts some times.

Arkansas Patti said...

Oh, don't envy you. Setting up a new computer means download and wait. Then you have to learn all the new systems quirks.
Wishing you luck.

Ruby said...

Sorry you had to experience such inconvenience regarding your laptop, Betty. I hope you got a new and better one already! I would suggest that you setup an online back-up drive where you can store your files and access them even after changing computers. Good day!

Ruby Badcoe