Thursday, November 10, 2011

The GOP Comedy Hour

I admit I can't stand to watch the Republican debates, other than to change channels from whatever I have been watching, during commercials.On the other hand, it may be the best way to watch them. One thing I DO know is I can't possibly be tuning in at the only time in the whole hour that the candidates are saying something dumb.

Last night, I dropped in  just in time to see Rick Perry's memory fail, when he couldn't remember the three government departments he wants to do away with if he becomes President. And, today, he's joking around like what happened isn't serious."Brain-freeze" is the wrong phrase for what happened. If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

Another not so serious candidate is Herman Cain.  Dropping in again, I was just in time to see Cain refer to Nancy Pelosi as "Princess Nancy." Apparently, it's not the first time he's called her that, but it is the first time he has said it on camera.  This should tell us all we need to know about his opinion of women.

Looking at the rest of the field, I couldn't help but ask myself, "What hath the Tea Party wrought?"  This is pretty much all their fault. The problem is they aren't the only ones suffering.  Why don't they just go back under their rocks and let some intelligent people get in the race?

Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Looking to the Stars said...

It looks to me that anyone with a brain is hiding. I know I would be :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

They are all so filled with entitlement, arrogance and unyielding self righteousnes. I wouldn't vote for any of them. It's pathetic.

I have become disappointment in the whole damn system. In 37 years I have voted at every election. This week I did not vote for the first time. Moving to Canada would be my vote of choice about now.

Peggy said...

The last Republican president I liked was Eisenhower and he was out of office by 61. I was born in 62. I was born during the Kennedy administration. It was an okay time (if you weren't black) in the US.

Can we have some former generals please. I would be okay with those.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I just found your blog. I made the mistake of disagreeing with a staunch republican last week who thinks Herman Cain is the answer to our countries woes ....... he demanded an apology.

I was nice enough about my assessment of his candidate.I just said that he would appear to want project an image of being the village idiot when it comes to foriegn affairs. I didn't even mention his alleged sexual improprieties.

Big John said...

How do these clowns get this far in the race ?

Darlene said...

If the voters had half a brain the entire Republican party would implode after what they have done this past year-and-a-half.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I love Darlene's comment...I think I have to agree...hee, hee. I'm trying to laugh...because these guys make it so easy to cry. ~Joy