Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random Dozen

PhotobucketI've noticed that lately, Karen at Smiling Through It All has been participating in "Random Dozen", originating in a blog called Second Cup of Coffee. I don't usually participate in weekly memes, but this one seems pretty interesting, with unusual questions, so I think I'll try it - at least today. I may keep it up, I may not, depending on my mood. Feel free to play along.

1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I think I'm a pretty easy patient, if you ignore the sighs and whining. My children might disagree. But, they aren't the ones answering the question.

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
OMG! All the rugrats will be out in force, squealing and playing in the snow, usually right under my apartment window.

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Being organized. I start one project, then I'm easily distracted (think "sees something shiny") and then I drift on to another project, or get on the computer, leaving unfinished tasks all over the place.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
What for?

5. What song is on your mind today?
"Who Are You?" by the Who. Don't ask me why.

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
I love some of the old classics, and am incensed when some doofus decides to "update" the story and make a remake. I heard the other day that someone is thinking of remaking the Jaws movies (at least the first two). Remakes never live up to the originals. I also like some of the contemporary movies, so I guess the short answer would be "both".

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I don't compartmentalize well, at all. I tend to worry things to death, to the detriment of everything else I should be doing.

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
He had a pulse. He liked me. Seriously, though, we were thrown together because his roommate was dating a friend of mine, and they embroiled us in their volatile relationship, making ours look good by comparison. They married each other and so did we. Neither lasted.

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
When I checked a scratch-off ticket and mistakenly thought I had won $20,000, when I actually had won a free ticket. Aaaarrrrgh!

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
The teacher reminding us that EVERYBODY got a valentine, or NOBODY got one. I resented having to give Louis C. a valentine. He was a jerk. So, I searched through the package of assorted valentines until I found one that had the mildest message and gave that to him.

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Chocolate kisses, what else?

12. Red or pink?
Red or pink what? Candy? Roses? Valentines? Paint? Makeup? Underwear? Hair? In any case, red would be my choice. Except for the underwear. That would be virginal white.

There. Wasn't that fun? I like questions that make me think, don't you?

Stay tuned.

11 comments:

Looking to the Stars said...

I loved this! You had me laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face.

Your answers were priceless!

Thank you for giving me laughter today. A wonderful gift :)

Betty said...

Looking to the Stars: Thank you. I'm always happy when I can make my blogbuddies laugh.

Arkansas Patti said...

That was funny and loved your answers. Had to agree totally with #3.
Going to bank this for a rainy day. Thanks

kenju said...

I loved your answers, especially the last one. No virginal white here, though. It's red all the way (or black, or blue, or brown...)

Darlene said...

I don't need to play. With the exception of No.s 9 and 12 my answers would be exactly the same. (Not as humorous, of course).

Were we sisters in another life? Or maybe I was your mother. ;-)

Betty said...

Arkansas Patti: Thanks.

kenju: How about pastels?

Darlene: I am definitely not young enough to be your daughter. Sister, maybe. lol

Deanna said...

LOL I can tell these questions taxed your brain!

NitWit1 said...

Really funny especially your choice of colors. I don't like either.

When inclement weather lets school out, I think Yeah I don't go to exercise class! Since exercise gurus leading the class have to drive somewhat treacherous AR roads, if school bus does not run, neither do they! Here lately that has been a frequent occurrence!!!

Interesting meme to bookmark when the gods

NitWit1 said...

Really funny especially your choice of colors. I don't like either.

When inclement weather lets school out, I think Yeah I don't go to exercise class! Since exercise gurus leading the class have to drive somewhat treacherous AR roads, if school bus does not run, neither do they! Here lately that has been a frequent occurrence!!!

Interesting meme to bookmark when the gods

Margie's Musings said...

Funny, funny, funny!

oklhdan said...

Great Answers! Nice day for a chuckle!