Tuesday, January 06, 2009

2009, So Far, So Good

Well, here we are, six days into the new year and I'm still trying to think of some New Year's Resolutions. It's not that I am a perfect person, without room for improvement. I do admit to having one or two tiny flaws, after all. My problem is finding resolutions that will be easy to keep.

Over the years, I have many times broken the land speed record for breaking resolutions. I'm thinking of the year that on New Year's Day, I announced that I was going to lose down to my ideal weight. My words were muffled by a mouthful of pecan pie.

So, this year I asked myself, "What can I resolve to do that I can brag about keeping on July 4th?"

1. I resolve to get plenty of sleep. This includes an afternoon nap when necessary.

2. I resolve to get out of my apartment at least once a month, whether I need to or not.

3. I resolve to watch every new episode of NCIS, unless Mark Harmon leaves the show.

4. I resolve to be more patient and kinder to stupid people. (I should be able to manage this if I'm only going out of the house once a month."

5. I resolve to read some mysteries that are more complicated, in addition to the coseys I am addicted to reading.

There! That should do it. Surely five resolutions are enough of a burden for one year.

9 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh Lord....how you make me laugh Betty...your first post of the New Year....thank you for that. That's why you have to come by my place and get your award...and that's why you got the award...you always make me laugh...you create laughter...and I LOVE IT. That's a very important thing to me. Good luck with these resolutions. I didn't make any...easy or hard. I don't think I have to tell you why. Happy 2009 sweetie... Hugs, Joy

Mari Meehan said...

Well, it's five more than I have!

kenju said...

LOL....I don't make resolutions, since not keeping them (as always) would be stressful. I like yours, though.

Karen said...

Once a month, huh? That is basically resolving to be a shut-in. LOL.

You are too funny.

Dianne said...

You are an inspiration!

Minnesotablue said...

Resolutions for me are made to be broken!

Cazzie!!! said...

I love NCIS too, because of Mark Harmon!

Darlene said...

I don't need to make a resolution on watching NCIS - I never miss it. Old as I am, I can really dig Mark Harmon.

I quit making resolutions years ago. They were always the same ones - to lose five pounds. Well, since I never kept them I now need to lose 18 pounds. Sigh!

Betty said...

Joy: Thanks, again, for the award.

Dogwalk and Kenju: You, too, can make resolutions easy enought to keep.

Karen: Actually, for me, it's resolving to be a gadabout.

Dianne: Why, thank you.

Minnesota Blue: I find all them easy to break.

Cazzie and Darlene: Looks like we have a Mark Harmon fan club, here.